Depression…… the state of mind that most of us experienced so many times in our life. We all want to bounce back from this state of mind as quickly as possible because It drains our energy, hope, belief and confidence. It makes it difficult for us to do what we need to feel better. There are many downward and upward situations that we need to encounter for ensuring our personal and professional setbacks. And let’s face it—almost everyone at some point must deal with unwanted, and in many cases, unexpected, personal and job-related stumbling blocks along their life and career path. According to Barbara Kingsolver, “There is no point treating a depressed person as though she were just feeling sad, saying, ‘There now, hang on, you’ll get over it.’ Sadness is more or less like a head cold- with patience, it passes. Depression is like cancer.”
Of course there is no unique technique that helps you to bounce back to your normal life overnight. In searching the ways to deal with depression you’ll find that there are lots of alternative treatments suggested by the specialists. You will find few things you can do as well as there are few remedies you can take. But believe me if you are honest to yourself then you can overcome depression, kick it forever – even without the help of a therapist or doctor….. yes you can do it yourself.
I can understand that when you are depressed very hard, you may not be able to choose the best choice of alternative. However at least you can practice certain things that will somehow make you busy and will consume your time to think about your depressed concern. I am glad, if you are reading this article. But before gone to the main discussion let me to let you know that, writing this article does not mean I was never depressed. It means that I had gone through this state of mind several time and bounce back to my life, to myself.
Since depression is a serious and common illness that touches most of us, here and there, now and then you can manage yourself to recover by seeing people setting back them in track. The following is only intended as few course of actions that you can try yourself to cope with depression. These are very basic successful techniques begin a new pursuit of happiness. Success is a process not an event or goal. Let us find a path to rejoice once again.
1. Positivism about yourself and your capabilities: Positivism about your life and capabilities will help you to replace your negative thoughts and feeling. Yes being positive in such a state of mind is not easy……. But you can gain the rhythm by saying yourself repeatedly, “I am the king of my own world. I am the ruler and definitely I can do it. I didn’t fail… simply it happened because that was not my time. Everything is getting better.”
2. Cultivate Relationships: Cultivate relationships and try to get support from your beloved family and friends. Passed quality time with them. Just think that you are surrounded by faces that want you see happy every moment. You are blessed to have someone who prayed for you in his/her every breath. Try to realize that you have responsibility for them as well.
3. Give yourself time and make room to relax: Manage time for yourself and only for yourself. Make some room to see your inner sides….. try to find what you like most, what gives you absolute pleasure, what make you to smile. At your own time be alone for a while, switch off your light, and make you room dark. Think everything that makes you depressed. Realize what you gain from the depression. If feel very sad and sensitive, then cry in dark. Cry as much as you can. You are crying it does not mean you are weak, it does not mean you are broken down, you are destroyed. You are crying it means you are very much human, it means you are still alive. When get tired, switch on the light make your room bright. Take a long breath and release it slowly and silently. You will feel refresh, relaxed and relieved. Once you stop crying feel that you are the king of the world and rejoice the pleasure of life and reality.
4. Write your feelings: To get out of depression write everything you can remember on this matter. Write the way you want to. Use any kind of language or words; don’t bother about your class or status. Once you complete the writing then burn it and be careful after writing this never read it, not even for a single time. Just look at the fire, think that all the sadness is burned by the mighty fire… you are now free from the darkness and dirtiness.
5. Never blame others: It is tough and challenging. But I personally feel (that’s why I practice) that blaming others will penetrate you to do the mistake repeatedly. And if you able to make you understand that it were your mistake then you will alarm yourself in repeating the same mistake. Instead thank them, for giving you such a lesson of life and reality. Thanks then for showing such a dark side of human and so on.
6. Get some regular habits: Get some regular habit to make a difference of your today and yesterday. Remember, from today to till your death, a yesterday will always remain a yesterday for you… so never look back. Develop some practice or habits that will help you to think something new, something like never before.
If you are still reading my article and now reading this, then I want to remind you that, this in not from a writer who never depressed. Rather this writer had a number of incidence that make him depressed and writing this was a outcome of the experience how he bounce back from his depression. Some final words, never refuse yourself from celebration. Whatever happens, ultimately “Living is Life”. First ensure that yes you are alive ….. then think of others. Read somewhere, reference is not available “It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives.” So just give your life and yourself a second chance to return you back. Remember your life will return you exactly the same you once had given to your life. So always careful about your wills, your words, your activity and last but not the list your behavior.
Hope you liked it. Stay fine, stay healthy, stay beautiful and keep smiling.