Leveraging social media for audience trafficking and brand promotion is now a need of time. As the business gets competitive over last decade, the right channel to reach maximum audience is prior concern for today’s strategic marketers. The growing significance of marketing and promotional efforts of company makes the cost of marketing high like never before. Another challenge of marketing that getting more concern is reaching the maximum number of customers. Thus marketing is now is subject to deals with both cost and awareness perspectives. Here comes the Social Media Marketing (SMM) offering tools to marketed and promote company in the new era of generation. Before going for discussion on SMM, first let us define Social Media. Social media refers to interaction among people in which they create, share, and/or exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as “a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content.” Furthermore, social media depend on mobile and web-based technologies to create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. They introduce substantial and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities, and individuals.
There are many social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google Plus, and many others are on their way. Because of this, it is a big challenge for businesses to decide where to invest their time as well as resources in order to ensure the highest return on social investment. And social media marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites. Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. A corporate message spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it appears to come from a trusted, third-party source, as opposed to the brand or company itself. Hence, this form of marketing is driven by word-of-mouth, meaning it results in earned media rather than paid media.
Goals of Social Media Marketing
Social media has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone with internet access. Increased communication for organizations fosters brand awareness and often, improved customer service. Additionally, social media serves as a relatively inexpensive platform for organizations to implement marketing campaigns. However, setting goals of SMM is essential for planning and designing the strategic marketing program. A SMART goal will helps you to choose the most appropriate media for conducting a social media campaign. A social media campaign should aim to achieve the following goals and objectives:
- Engaging Audience
- Create brand awareness
- Increase customer loyalty
- Build credibility
- Get more traffic to website
- Stand out above competitors
- Generate more leads for business
Effective SMM Campaign
What define the effectiveness of a SMM Campaign? Experts of SMM reveal various things and pointing out several key concern area of a SMM Campaign. As an AdAge survey recently revealed, 80% of B2B marketers plan to increase digital spending next year (up from 67% last year). With a significant percentage of this spending going towards social media marketing, here are a few things every B2B marketer should do. A summary of the study on effective SMM Campaign may reveal the following factors required for an effective SMM.
1. Strategic Priority of the Plan
- The priority of the campaign should achieve the strategic goals. It is driving initiatives into social media to find a platform that helps to achieve strategic goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics. Setting and defining overall social media marketing goals, determine specific objectives, focusing on your core strategy and tactics will help to succeed.
2. Right people in right place
- As you set your strategic plan build the team putting right person in the right place. The person posting on your behalf should always know your plan, know your voice, and know how to effectively escalate issues that get out of hand. This free social media policy generator is a quick way to figure out what type of policies you should have in place for your social media team and beyond.
3. Determine the right tools
- There are plenty of places to market online, that offers huge opportunities to market and branded your product over social media. Based on your strategic objectives find the right tool for your company and the types of business it does.
4. Content Marketing
- Content Marketing is a great buzz word, but don’t get caught up in all the hype. But the current trend and the outcomes of various survey conducted by marketing research firms it can be said that content marketing is going to be the future of marketing by its own merits and significance. To liverage the opportunities incorporating content marketing with the core SMM strategy is a must to do.
5. Including Partners in Progress
- Every business has partners. Whether these are people who work within your company or organizations outside your company, work to build them into your social media marketing plan. Connect with all your partners who regularly engage online. Share their posts. Like their photos. Leave them comments. Put the spotlight on them. Your partners can help you to reach new audiences within your own industry. Partner amplification should be an ongoing priority.
Technology is advancing; predictive data is becoming more of a factor. Managing a comprehensive social media marketing campaign doesn’t have to be difficult, even if you’ve never done it before. Businesses need to be smart about how they utilise the increasing amount of information they have available to them, and monitoring social media is a first step into that new stream, a first step towards ensuring your business is moving in line with future demand. Choosing the right social networks to participate in is the key to kicking off a successful campaign, but it’s imperative to familiarize yourself with the tools your chosen networks offer and tactics for using each platform to its fullest capabilities for the most benefit.